Mission, Vision & Core Values
Mission Statement of CTE
- To prepare students for further vocational and technical education and lifelong learning.
- To prepare students for initial and continued employment.
- To assist students in making educational and career decisions.
- To apply and reinforce related learning from other disciplines.
- To prepare students to make informed consumer decisions and apply practical life skills.
- To assist students in developing decision-making, communication, problem-solving, leadership and citizenship skills.
Vision Statement of CTE
- Students view CTE as an integral part of the "whole school experience".
- Parents recognize that CTE is paramount to achieving educational and career goals.
- North Carolina retains and successfully recruits new Business and Industry because of a well-prepared workforce.
- Partnerships within the Educational Community provide a seamless transition to educational and career goals.
Core Values of CTE
- Quality: Commitment to excellence in everything we do
- High Expectations: continually striving to reach optimum performance
- Innovation: The convergence of creative leadership, cutting-edge curriculum design, and effective instructional delivery for an ever-changing global economy
- Dignity of all Occupations: Work that is respected and has meaning and value to the individual, the employer, and society regardless of the level of financial compensation
- Lifelong Learning: The ability to adapt and upgrade individual skills in a rapidly changing world