Elkin City Schools has adopted the "Say Something Anonymous Reporting System" for middle and high schools.
3 Steps of Say Something
Examples of what to report:
- Abuse (physical, verbal)
- Bullying or regular intimidation
- Bragging about an upcoming planned attack
- Depression, anxiety or loss of self-control
- Gun Violence / Violence
- Hopelessness, excessive guilt or worthlessness
- Reckless behavior
- Social isolation or withdrawal
- Substance abuse
- Suicide threats, cutting or other self-harm
- Weapons (use of and/or discussion about)
This system allows individuals to anonymously report safety concerns through a telephone crisis hotline, website or mobile app.