In partnership with the Northwestern Regional Library, Elkin City Schools would like to introduce you to the StudentAccess Initiative.
StudentAccess is an initiative that partners NC Cardinal libraries and school systems to provide access to library materials. Participating school system's students will be provided a student library account using their student ID number as their account number. The student library account allows participating students to access print and online materials from the partner NC Cardinal library system.
In addition to Northwestern Regional Library’s entire physical catalog, students and faculty will be able to access numerous digital resources.
- Access to statewide online library resources across the consortium
- Access to locally-purchased online research databases and other e-materials, specifically e-books and e-audiobooks
- Ability to check out books, both print and audio
- StudentAccess accounts will have the ability to place holds and borrow items from their local library system (StudentAccess accounts will not be able to place holds outside of NWRL)
- Checkout limit is a maximum of 10 print and/or audiobooks
- No overdue fines will be charged for StudentAccess accounts
- The patron/parents of StudentAccess accounts will be responsible for lost or damaged books fees
- DVDs are not included in this project and will not be available for check out using StudentAccess accounts