Elkin City Schools encourages area home school students to take advantage of courses offered on our campuses to increase
opportunities for academic and social involvement . Home school students are eligible to enroll as a part-time student in
grades 7 through 12 and receive credit for courses offered in our regular program.
Students interested in enrolling part-time must meet the following requirements :
- Be enrolled in a minimum of two courses per semester for high school or 180 minutes daily for middle school.
- Show proof of homeschool enrollment and attendance.
- Provide documentation to meet any enrolled course prerequisites.
- Follow all Elkin City Schools and Elkin Middle/High School policies for attendance, behavior, grading and assessment.
- Increased opportunities for academic and social engagement
- Attend public school setting on a part-time basis
- Expanded course opportunities
- Courses available online, on campus or hybrid
- Participate in Career and College Promise Courses o r Dual Enrollment and earn college credit at no cost
- Earn a high school diploma from your home school and Elkin High School
- Ability to participate in internship and apprenticeship opportunities
- Participate in student organizations such as Future Business Leaders of America, Future Health Professionals, BETA Club, Fellowship of Christian Students and many others
- Eligibility for additional scholarship opportunities
- Take Advanced Placement courses with a live instructor
- Participate in elective options such as band, chorus, art, JROTC, and Career Technical Education courses
- Earn industry credentials such as Adobe Visual and Video Design Specialist Certifications in PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere; Microsoft Office Specialists in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access; National Career Readiness Certification; CPR, First Aid, and Certified Nursing Assistant and many others at no cost to the student
- Participate in high school athletics when enrolled in three courses per semester and meet all NCHSAA requirements
- Participate in middle school athletics when passing a minimum of three core classes (may be a combination of public and home school classes)
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact the principal or guidance counselor to schedule a campus tour or receive more information.
ELKIN HIGH SCHOOL
Mr. Joel Hoyle, Principal
ELKIN MIDDLE SCHOOL
Mrs. Amanda Burton
Please feel free to download the brochure below...